Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Busy Town of Richard Scarry...Remember that show?

I just got off the phone with my high school best friend and during our conversation she said “sometimes I feel like I am behind all of my friends.” We were chatting about marriage, all of the babies who have been coming into the world more rapidly than I could have ever dreamed years ago, careers, etc. etc. The word behind absolutely boggles me; who was the mad person who created the reference to be behind?? Dorothy does not believe in being behind. I struggled for a long time with these feelings too. I felt “behind” others who were graduating college before I was, heck I felt “behind” those who learned their multiplication tables faster than I did. What I have learned through these feelings is “being behind” is nonsense. The truth is we are all individuals with one life to live. We make our own choices for what is next, and if the road changes, gets bumpy, curvy, or we take an unexpected turn, we still will never be “behind” in fact, only ahead because of the experiences we had. Thank you world for putting so many opportunities in front of me to choose from; similar to picking out a piece of chocolate from a box of Godivas. Lastly, thank you life and America for choices. I am excited for what is coming and most definitely enjoying the present. :)






Last week I decided to go to concert with Goose and friends....I wore a hippy dress. Consider me ahead! hehe



No comments:

Post a Comment